Saturday, April 27, 2013

7th annual Bead Soup Blog Party - 3rd Reveal-April 27


Well it is finally here, and believe it or not, I am ready.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Lori Anderson for putting on such a fun event.  I would also like to thank my bead soup partner Therese Frank; your generosity and the beautiful assortment of beads and things you send me were just amazing. Thanks so much for making my first bead soup party an enjoyable experience. I would not have been able to create such lovely pieces without your beautiful gift of beads. Now on with the show…..

My first piece is called KEY TO MY HEART
Green jade, dark green lamp work focal bead, copper closure and the brass key over the heart came from my partner

Matching earrings made with green jade and the lovely center piece of filigree copper and Czech fire polished round  are more pieces from my bead partner.
My second piece is a ring that is called MEMORIES
Each stone in the ring signifies a memory I will have from my first bead soup party and partner. The stones are red Creek jasper from Therese (bead soup partner). Wire is sterling silver and gold plate.


Finally just to have some fun, I made a plant spike, for me. I used the beautiful blue butterfly beads my partner sent and some from my own stash. I also attached a small gift to me, from me. I contacted one of my favourite wire artist/teacher’s and asked if I could follow one of her tutorial (Butterfly earrings by Abby Hook) and attached them to my spike, once the plant has died (yeah, that’s right no green thumbs here) I will carefully remove the wire holding the 2 –halves together and presto a pair of earrings
This has been a wonderful experience!  I hope y’all enjoyed looking at my projects, I have had a great deal of fun.
Here is a peek at Abby’s earrings, they are in her book ”Wire Jewelry MasterClass”.
Thanks for stopping by!    Happy bead bloggen!
Penny



27 comments:

  1. Beautiful wire work! The necklace is gorgeous and I love your idea of the plant spike/ earrings! Did you do the viking knit? Very nice!From another Ontario bead souper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan, Yes the viking knit is one of the first things I mastered as Iwire artist. I have a tendency to jump in the deep end in everything I do . Thanks for asking and your lovely comment.
      Penny

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful work! Love those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plant spike is a lovely idea! You made gorgeous things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pieces Penny! I am so glad that I was able to make your first bead soup experience a pleasant one. It has been a joy for me to have been able to get to know you and to have you as my partner.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soup turned out soooo YUMMMY!!! Great JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Penny! You have created some beautiful pieces. It looks like you had a lot of fun too. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to pull together art from soup! Your creativity shines through in all of these pieces. Well Done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool key to my heart.
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love the original idea of plant stick, it's amazing how many things we could make with beads and never think about. The necklace is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do amazing things with the wire.The viking knit is so beautiful and goes perfectly with the pendant. I love the Memories ring - it's a great idea, I think I should make one too, as this is my first BSBP. I also love the symetrical earrings that remind of butterflies. I'm now a follower to your blog. Make the best of each day, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your pieces, the first necklace is a piece of art, great wire work.
    ciao dall' Italia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pieces, your wirework makes them special! Very good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!
    I love what you have done with your soup! I especially like the earrings! Happy beading :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous necklace, love the key to my heart. All your pieces are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love the plant spike! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. super work with wire! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such elegant pieces! Beautiful wire work. What a cute idea to do a plant spike. The big hoop earring look really fun to wear. Nice job with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your wire work is awesome. Key to my heart is superb. ove what you've done with your soup.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sooo very happy for all the lovely comments, sometimes, I do not feel I am very good at this (you should see the scarp pile) and then, fine people like you come along and raise my spirits. Thanks you one and all, you are the greatest!!!!!!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your style! Very intricate. Those hoop earrings inspire me to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Great wirework, Penny! The necklace is awesome. Love the way you wire-wrapped the focal bead with the brass key! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous designs! Lovin' the earrings!! Really Soup-er!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That necklace is so original! What a really cool design. And, that plant spike. . .First off, it's a neat idea and secondly, it's adorable! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice wire work! Your pieces are gorgeous! You did a fantastic job with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such creative pieces. The first necklace looks amazing, and the plant spike is so original and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Penny that first necklace is awesome. The focal is gorgeous and very creative. Your viking knit is great and you did a perfect job of selecting colors and accenting your beads. Also the butterfly plan spike/ earrings are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your wirework is amazing! Beautiful pieces!!

    ReplyDelete